You are far more than just your rational, thinking mind.
Holistic Psychotherapy refers to a school of thought in therapy that attempts to address an individual as a whole person rather than as someone who is sick, just has psychological issues, or as being separated into different components. Unlike most traditional psychotherapies, Holistic Psychotherapy addresses the whole person, not just the intellect or thinking brain.
This means that at all times, we are interested in your thoughts, your emotions, your intuition, your physical (somatic) sensations, your imagination, your dreams, and your nervous system responses.
If you work with me, you can expect the following to be true:
- I do not believe you are sick, broken, or need to be fixed. I believe that something has happened to you, and you are responding in the best way you have available to you at this time. This is either a nervous system response, a defensive adaptation, or a “maladaptive” coping mechanism.
- Along with talk therapy, I incorporate somatic practices, body movement, intuition, and nervous system regulation practices into my psychotherapy sessions. I also offer additional modalities (Transformative Touch, Safe & Sound Protocol, and Hypnotherapy) of healing that can be incorporated into our work together. If you work with me as a psychotherapy client, you have access to all the other methods of healing I practice if we decide they are appropriate for your needs.
- Your healing is always your choice. I will make suggestions, but the work and the healing modality we decide to use is always up to you.
- I will not try to fix you, tell you what you should do, lecture you, judge you, or assume I know more about your life than you do. I will not have all the answers.
- I will not pretend I am not human. Therapists are messy and complicated human beings just like everyone else, and while our time together will not focus on me, neither will I hide my humanity behind a veil of perfection pretending to be a ‘blank slate’.
- I will be a compassionate and non-judgmental companion as you explore your thoughts, emotions, and body sensations.
- I will remind you that you are NOT broken, damaged, crazy, or weak, and be the mirror for you to see your strengths and gifts.
- I will teach you how to regulate your emotions and nervous system so you will feel empowered to feel your emotions and the wisdom they carry while still feeling safe.
- I will value and hold the relationship and work we create in reverence. I see healing work as sacred work, and I honor the courage of every unique individual who seeks my assistance.
Session Time: 50 minutes/session